PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/4/10

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 5 10:28:36 EDT 2010

My show #581.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a tribute to the working men and women on this Labor Day holiday weekend.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7P on 90FM - the only alternative!
September 4, 2010
Muddy Waters /No Escape from the Blues /I'm Ready /Blue Sky
Saturday Blue Plate Special "The Blues of Labor"
Merline Johnson /Working on the Project /The Yas Yas Girl '37-'47 /Wolf
Blind Boy Fuller /Working Man Blues /Remastered box /JSP
Jimmy "Baby Face" Lewis /Every Sunday Before Monday /Complete Recordings '47-'55 /Blue Moon
Larry Darnell /Work Baby Work /Okeh R&B Story '49-'57 /Epic
Ashton Savoy /Need Shorter Hours /Goldband Records Anthology /Ace
Johnny Copeland /Working Man's Blues /Masters and Disciples /Blue Moon
Andrew McMahon /Worked Hard All My Life /Blueblood /Dharma (lp)
Albert Collins /Cash Talkin' (Working Man Blues) /Cold Snap /Alligator
Barry Levenson /The Graveyard Shift /Hard Times Won /Storyville
Michael Coleman /Lost My Job in the City /Shake Your Booty /Wolf
Watermelon Slim and the Workers /Hard Labor /self titled /NorthernBlues
Working Man Blues /Albert Cummings /Working Man /Blind Pig
Duke Robillard /I'll Do Anything but Work /Giuitar Groove-a-Rama /Stony Plain

New on the Menu
James Day /Dead Broke Blues /Firecracker /Neon Blue
Charlie Musselwhite /Good Times /The Well /Alligator
Duke Robillard /Workin' Hard for My Uncle /Passport to the Blues /Stony Plain
Swississippi Chris Harper /Fattening Frogs for Snakes /Four Aces and a Harp /Swississippi
Holmstrom, Logan and Hodges /If I Should Die /Twist-o-Letzz /Mocombo
Mitch Kashmar wi. the Pontiax /Petroleum Blues /100 Miles to Go /Delta Groove

Jack Bruce /I'm in the Mood /This is the Blues v1 /Eagle
Albert Castiglia /Closing Time /Keepin' On /Blues Leaf
Arthur Brown /Green Manalishi /This is the Blues v4 /Eagle
Dr. John and the Lower 911 /What's with Dat /Tribal /429
JJ Gray and Mofro /Gotta Know /Georgia Warhorse /Alligator
Jimmie Vaughan /How Can You Be So Mean /Plays Blues, Ballads and Favorites /Shout Factory
Mark Benno /Eight Ball /Crawlin' /Blue Skunk

Saturday Blue Plate Special "Occupation Blues"
Kansas City Kitty and Tom Dorsey /Fish House Blues /He Got Out his Big 10 Inch /Indigo
Tampa Red /Turpentine Blues /Voice of the Blues /Catfish
Walter Davis /Dentist Blues /The Essential /Classic
Jazz Gillum /I'm That Man in the Mine /Bluebird Recordings '34-'38 /RCA
Roy Brown /Butcher Pete pt 1 and 2 /Good Rocking Tonight /Rhino
Walter Brown /Gonna Open a Business /'45-'47 /Classic
Camille Howard /Business Woman /Best of VeeJay v2 /Collectables
Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry /Wholesale Dealin' Papa /Bluesville Years v5 /Prestige
MS Fred McDowell /Dankin's Farm /This Ain't No Rock n' Roll /Arhoolie
Lurrie Bell /Cadillac Assembly Line /Young Man's Blues /JSP
Otis and the Alligators /Brick Layin' Man /Serious Alligations /False Dog
Guitar Shorty /I'm the Clean Up Man /Get Wise to Yourself /Black Top
Barry Levenson and Johnny Dyer /Chasin' the Money /Hard Times Won /Storyville
Bernard Allison /Garbage Man /Keepin' the Blues Alive /Cannonball
Big George Jackson /Rubbish Truck /Beggin' Ain't for Me /Black and Tan
Eddy Clearwater /Blues for a Living /The Chief /Rooster
Matthew Skoller /Get Paid /These Kind of Blues /TandG
Elvin Bishop /That's My Thing /Gettin' My Groove Back /Alligator

New on the Menu

Johnny Christian /Ain't Gonna Worry About Tomorrow /Jimmy Dawkins Presents the Leric Story /Delmark
Big Rob Blaine /Can't Help but Wonder /Big Otis Blues /Swississippi
Oli Brown /Evil Soul /Heads I Win Tails You lose /Ruf
JW Jones /Mean Streak /Midnight Memphis Sun /Ruf
Ronnie Earl /Blues for Slim /Spread the Love /Stony Plain
Piano Red /Baby Please Don't Go /The Lost Atlanta Tapes /Landslide
Big Pete Pearson /Tin Pan Alley /Bob Corritore and Friends /Delta Groove
Little Milton wi. Govt Mule /Blues is Alright /Mulennium /Evil Teen
Wayne and Wildroot /Saturday Night /One Hell of a Ride /Reconciled
Steve Miller /All Your Love (I Miss Loving) /Bingo! /Road Runner