Watermelon Slim, Jeff Turmes & Bryan Lee

Erika rikkito@AOL.COM
Fri Sep 3 17:52:39 EDT 2010

Yes, yes. Jeff Turmes is extremely talented and indeed one heck of a nice person.  Played our Winthrop stage last year with Mavis and our street dance stage with the Rick Holmstrom Band along with Steve Hodges (Mavis Staples rhythm section).

Erika Olsen
Winthrop Music Association
a 501(c)3 non profit organization
www.winthropbluesfestival.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McClune <info@MICHAELMCCLUNE.NET>
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Sent: Fri, Sep 3, 2010 2:29 pm
Subject: Re: Watermelon Slim, Jeff Turmes & Bryan Lee

  Hey Jimmy, if you have any Janiva Magness records, you've without a
doubt heard Jeff's songs. For example, go listen to track five of her
new Alligator release and then watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7TUgIXmio.

In '06 Jeff won the International Songwriting Competition's Blues
category for the song /Eat The Lunch You Brought/ which Janiva covered
on her Bury Him at the Crossroads album.

He's on tour with and on the new Jeff Tweedy produced Mavis Stapes album
on Anti Records. Tom Waits called him to play on The Tonight Show and
he's recorded with everyone from Norah Jones to R.L. Burnside.

Here's a comprehensive list of songs he's written for Janiva:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:hzfixqwgldhe~T32

Best of all....he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Michael McClune Media&  Mktg.
Post Office Box 7339 Santa Monica, CA 90406
(p) 310.319.1199/(c) 858.342.2626
michael@michaelmcclune.net / www.michaelmcclune.net
www.facebook.com/people/Michael-McClune/1276681528

STEVIE PAIGE: Welcome To The Big Time
BRYAN LEE: My Lady Don't Love My Lady
WATERMELON SLIM: Ringers
The Once&  For All Tour feat:
HUBERT/PINETOP/SUGAR BLUE/WILLIE BIG EYES SMITH/MARGOLIN/STROGER
JEFF TURMES: Five Horses, Four Riders
BETH MCKEE: I'm That Way
HOMEMADE JAMZ BLUES BAND: I Got Blues for You