The Golden Age of Blues - was there one?

Harri Haka harri.haka@GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 2 07:14:45 EDT 2010

There were no doubt great and canonised blues artists in the 30s, 40s,
50s, and 60s. But from a blues lover point of view, there has never been
such an abundance of offering as today. The number of new blues
releases, all the club dates and blues festivals make this a true
paradise. Sorting the real thing from the hype still leaves us with a
lot more than anyone could have dreamed of in the 60s. So why are we
complaining? Most likely because we feel that it all happened long ago
in a Juke Joint in Mississippi or a club on the Southside of Chicago. I
would have loved to be there but I also enjoy everything that is
available today.

Harri