Valerie Johnson's Gig Calendar Sep 2010

bluesyall Valerie Johnson Al B. Blue bluesyall@WILDBLUE.NET
Wed Sep 1 12:01:54 EDT 2010

Hey Everybody,
Big exciting things are happening.  Last month I got to do a "Woman in the
Blues Workshop" at the Sonora Blues Festival
<http://fireonthemountain.com>with Guitar
Slinger Laurie Morvan <http://www.lauriemorvan.com/> and Boogie Woogie Piano
Queen and BMA Horn Instrumentalist for 2008, 2009 and 2010, Deanna
Bogart <http://www.deannabogart.com/>!
 Man , was that fun!

Al B Blue and I are getting Blues for Kids (BFK) <http://vjblues.com> going
in our local community.  We meet once a month.  This month we have kids
bringing their instruments and we are going to start training up new, young
kids that have an interest in the Blues.

We're soo excited!  Al B Blue and I are completing in the International
Blues Challenge <http://www.blues.org> , doing original acoustic blues
September 26 at Soho, Santa Barbara, CA.  Come on out and support us.

Next month starting Oct 28 - 30 is Jubilee By the Sea Jazz
Festival<http://www.pismojazz.com/JubileeByTheSea.htm>.
 Don't miss it!  Creole Syncopators <http://vjblues.com> will be there!

We got something for everyone - Check it out
Thanks for supporting the Blues.
Valerie Johnson
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 - TONIGHT!!
Bon Temp Creole Cafe
VALERIE JOHNSON & the NEW SOUND BOOGIE BAND - 6:30pm - 8:30pm
1200 Olive StSan Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
This place is just to fun and the food is lip-smackin' good!

Saturday, September 4th, 2010
SLO Down Pub <http://www.slodownpub.com/>BLUES FOR KIDS with Valerie Johnson
& Al B. Blue - 1 pm - 2 pm200 E. Grand Ave.
Arroyo Grande California 92340
US (805) 481-4015
[map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1200+E.+Grand+Ave.%2CArroyo+Grande%2CCalifornia%2C92340%2CUS>
]
Price: Eat, Drink & have a Good Time
Saturday, September 4th, 2010Private
Recording Session - Valerie Johnson - 3pm
Sunday, September 5th, 2010SLO Down Pub <http://www.slodownpub.com/>
VALERIE JOHNSON & HER KING BEES - 1pm -3pm1200 E. Grand Ave.
Arroyo Grande California 92340
US (805) 481-4015
[map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1200+E.+Grand+Ave.%2CArroyo+Grande%2CCalifornia%2C92340%2CUS>
]
Price: Enjoy the great food from Ellie'
Traditional New Orleans Jazz at it's Best!
Saturday, September 11th, 2010EDNA VALLEY
WINERY<http://www.ednavalleyvineyard.com/>
VALERIE JOHNSON & the NEW SOUND BOOGIE BAND - Noon - 4pm2585 Biddle Ranch
Road
San Luis Obispo California 93401
US (805) 544-5855
[map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2585+Biddle+Ranch+Road%2CSan+Luis+Obispo%2CCalifornia%2C93401%2CUS>
]
Price: Enjoy wine and h'orderves
Wednesday, September 15th, 2010
Bon Temp Creole Cafe
VALERIE JOHNSON & HER KING BEES - 6:30pm - 8:30pm
1200 Olive StSan Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
Great Traditional New Orleans Jazz!  You got it! This place is just to fun
and the food is lip-smackin' good!
Friday, September 17th, 2010EDNA VALLEY
WINERY<http://www.ednavalleyvineyard.com/>
VALERIE JOHNSON & AL B. BLUE - 5pm - 7pm2585 Biddle Ranch Road
San Luis Obispo California 93401
US (805) 544-5855
[map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2585+Biddle+Ranch+Road%2CSan+Luis+Obispo%2CCalifornia%2C93401%2CUS>
]
Price: Enjoy tasting their assortment of incredible wines.
Saturday, September 18th, 2010SLO Down Pub <http://www.slodownpub.com/>
VALERIE JOHNSON & the NEW SOUND BOOGIE BAND - 7:30pm - 10:30pm1200 E. Grand
Ave.
Arroyo Grande California 92340
US (805) 481-4015
[map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1200+E.+Grand+Ave.%2CArroyo+Grande%2CCalifornia%2C92340%2CUS>
]
Price: EAT DRINK & PARTY
Saturday, September 25th, 2010Private Birthday Party
Sunday, September 26th, 2010SOhO Restaurant and Music
Club<http://www.sohosb.com/>
Valerie Johnson & AL B Blue/International Blues Challenge Competition - TBD1221
State Street
Santa Barbara California 93101
US (805)962-7776
[map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1221+State+Street%2CSanta+Barbara%2CCalifornia%2C93101%2CUS>
]
Price: ?????

Yeah - We're in the Competition!!!!!!
Come on out and support us. The winners of the International Blues
Competition go to Memphis for the finals! We will be competing in the
Acoustic division.
Wednesday, September 29th, 2010
Bon Temp Creole Cafe
VALERIE JOHNSON & AL B BLUE - 6:30pm - 8:30pm
1200 Olive StSan Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
We'll be debuting our new CD "What Kind Of Blue Is This?" Come on out &
check it out.  Yes, will have some for sale so you can go home with
one.Remember
- This place is just to fun and the food is lip-smackin' good!
*
*
We Wanna Blues You Up!
Valerie Johnson & Al B.Blue