Seasick Steve

Don Ottensman bluesdfw@yahoo.com
Fri May 21 16:25:07 EDT 2010

Anyone else out there enjoying Seasick Steve's new CD "Man from Another Time"?  I'd never heard of the guy before we received that one at KNON, but I enjoyed it enough I bought all his other back catalog CDs.  He's the most interesting "new" artist I've heard since Samuel James.  He has some good songs and a sort of Mississippi hill country stomp style.  I've also been enjoying his CD "I Started out with Nothin and I Still got Most of it Left".  That one has a great song about Chiggers.  Another overnight success after 50 years.

here's his wiki:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasick_Steve
and his website:  http://www.seasicksteve.com/

Anyone "new" melted your butter, lately?

Don O.

DFW Blues website at http://bluesdfw.com/