2010 Blues Music Award Winners

Jef Jaisun jaisunphoto@comcast.net
Wed May 12 17:18:04 EDT 2010

I've been surprised by some of the results of the last few BMAs, as
much by who hasn't won as by who has.

Promotion and artist preferences notwithstanding, there's no question
the BMAs have become cruiser-driven. It's not a bad thing, but it
should be recognized for what it is.

As a nominator, I spend one heck of a lot of time trying to evaluate
who goes on my list. Generally speaking, I tend to shy away from acts
that clearly don't need my help, in favor of those I believe are
exceptional and under-recognized.

My final choices: 5 winners. Three of those were albums.

IMHO, the BMAs, like most awards shows of this nature, are little
more than popularity contests. I think that point was driven home this year.

But regardless of whether or not you liked the results, it was still
a great party, and our one chance a year to see a ton of good friends.