PLAYLIST: www.SoundsofBlue.com 5/12/10 w/Jimmy Thackery & Josh Charles

Bob Putignano bobp@BLUESANDJAZZSOUNDS.COM
Wed May 12 14:31:02 EDT 2010

www.SoundsofBlue.com Playlist for 5/12/2010
Playlist link:
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=728
Listen to today's program @ the <NEW> Archive 'on-demand' playback:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/7950
Interview guests:
-Jimmy Thackery calls in to talk about his upcoming performances in the NYC
area at the Turning Point, and his latest disc: "Live In Detroit"
-Josh Charles visits the Sounds of Blue, and talks about his career and his
new CD "Love, Work & Money" details at: www.JoshCharlesMusic.com
Also featuring birthday tributes to: Eric Burdon (69,) Jimmy Ponder (64,)
Jay Ferguson (63,) Dave Mason (64,) Steve Winwood (62,) Stevie Wonder
(60,)Klaus Doldinger (70,) Gene Cornish (65,) and more!
For the 3rd consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2010 most pledged to
radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10 miles west of NYC,
and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and covered 20% of the
stations annual fund drive budget.
Birthday look-up by day or by artist name (case sensitive)
http://www.bluesandjazzsounds.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 5/12/2010 Sounds of Blue play-list:
9:08am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “Walk to the Point” from Dave Mason & Cass Elliot
(Blue Thumb - MCA) Buy it!
9:14am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “All Along the Watchtower” from Live at Perkins
Place (Pioneer) Buy it!
9:22am
Jimmy Ponder (birthday #64) “You Don't Have To Go” from Soul Eyes (Muse) Buy it!
9:31am
Big Joe Fitz “Leap of Faith” from This Is Big (www.BigJoeFitz.com) Buy it!
9:34am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “Just a Song” from Alone Together (Blue Thumb -
MCA) Buy it!
9:37am
Gene Cornish (birthday #65) “A Ray Of Hope” from The Ultimate Rascals
(Warner Special Products) Buy it!
9:41am
Stevie Wonder (birthday #60) “Isn't She Lovely” from Songs In the Key of
Life (Motown) Buy it!
9:48am
Gene Cornish (birthday #65) “Groovin'” from The Ultimate Rascals (Warner
Special Products) Buy it!
9:50am
Eric Burdon (birthday 67) “Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood” from Best of the
Animals (Abkco) Buy it!
9:53am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “Look at You Look At Me” from Alone Together (Blue
Thumb - MCA) Buy it!
10:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com) Buy it!
10:03am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “Look at You Look At Me (outro solo 3 minutes
long)” from Alone Together (Blue Thumb - MCA) Buy it!
10:05am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “Feelin' Alright” from Live at Perkins Place
(Pioneer) Buy it!
10:11am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “Dear Mr. Fantasy (live)” from Dave Mason & Jim
Capaldi Live (Castle) Buy it!
10:18am
Steve Winwood (birthday #62) “Voodoo Chile-live” from About Time-Dual Disc
(limitied edition) (Sony) Buy it!
10:33am
Jimmy Thackery “Solid Ice” composed by Interview w/Jimmy Thackery from Live
In Detroit! (JamThack) Buy it!
10:52am
Jimmy Thackery “Big Long Buick” from Live In Detroit! (JamThack) Buy it!
10:57am
Jimmy Thackery “Bomb the Moon” from Live In Detroit! (JamThack) Buy it!
11:05am
Jerry Garcia Band with Nicky Hopkins “(I'm A) Road Runner” from Let It Rock
(Rhino - www.JerryGarcia.com) Buy it!
11:17am
Steve Winwood (birthday #62) “Freedom Rider” from John Barleycorn Must Die
(Island) Buy it!
11:22am
Steve Winwood (birthday #62) “Why Can't We Live Together (live)” from About
Time-Dual Disc (limitied edition) (Sony) Buy it!
11:31am
Steve Winwood (birthday #62) “Freedom Rider” from About Time-Dual Disc
(limitied edition) (Sony) Buy it!
11:34am
Dave Mason (birthday #64) “Goin' Down Slow” from Dave Mason Certified (Sony)
Buy it!
11:40am
Kirk Fletcher “Way Back Home” from My Turn CD ALBUM (Eclecto Groove 2010)
Buy it!
11:49am
Jeff Beck “Beck's Bolero” from Performing This Week (Eagle) Buy it!
11:59am
Jeff Beck “Serene” from Emotion & Commotion (Atco-Rhino) Buy it!
12:00pm
Funk Hour! “www.SoundsofBlue.com” SINGLE (http://wfdu.fm) Buy it!
12:03pm
Gene Cornish (birthday #65) “Mustang Sally” from The Ultimate Rascals
(Warner Special Products) Buy it!
12:09pm
Stevie Wonder (birthday #60) “Another Star” from Songs In the Key of Life
(Motown) Buy it!
12:16pm
Josh Charles “The Harder They Come” from Love, Work & Money
(www.JoshCharlesMusic.com) Buy it!
12:41pm
Josh Charles “The Waiting Game” from Love, Work & Money
(www.JoshCharlesMusic.com) Buy it!
12:45pm
Steve Winwood (birthday #62) “I'm a Man-Gimme Some Lovin'” from Latin
Crossings w/Arturo Sandoval (German Radio Broadcast) Buy it!
12:55pm
Klaus Doldinger (brithday #70) “Compared To What” from Doldinger Jubilee '75
(Atlantic)