Question of the day! Music for THIS inauguration day!

Steve Hoffman stevehoffman@starpower.net
Tue Jan 20 14:46:37 EST 2009

"The Times They Are A-Changin'" as written and sung by Bob Dylan, who
frankly should've been part of that Sunday concert IMO.  #1 song for the
day.

A few others that come to mind:
--"Yes We Can Can" by Pointer Sisters, or original version by Lee Dorsey
--"Make a Better World" by Dr John, or James Booker or whoever (in fact,
I think Lee Dorsey might've cut the original of that one as well)
-- various and sundry folk songs from the 60s and the civil rights era
(by Dylan, Pete Seeger, Weavers, Odetta, Peter Paul & Mary, Phil Ochs,
etc. etc.) especially if you're of that age and come out of that
background (e.g., "Power and the Glory," "If I Had a Hammer," "We Shall
Overcome," "Blowin' in the Wind," "This Land Is Your Land," etc etc etc)

And to bid goodbye to George W. Bush & Dick Cheney and that whole gang
of thugs
-- Ray Charles, "Hit the Road Jack"
-- Bob Dylan "It's All Over Now Baby Blue"
-- Ramones "Glad to See You Go"

-Steve Hoffman
(who'll be playing some of the above songs when he DJs at a
neighborhood/community inauguration party tonight in Montgomery County MD)