NBC: thought for inauguration day

Steve Hoffman stevehoffman@starpower.net
Tue Jan 20 10:35:40 EST 2009

Y'know what'd be great?

Imagine, as Obama takes the oath of office today,  a banner placed
behind him, reading "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

(Just another way of saying 'Yes, we can. Yes, we did.')

This is a great day for America and for the world.

And not merely because of the historic racial aspect.

Like the man said, it's not the color of a man's skin but the content of
his character.  And it's the latter that makes me especially so proud
and excited about Obama -- to have such a mensch (a REAL man, not some
BS macho-cowboy-bully) as my President.

--Steve Hoffman