Magic Sam question

Dick Waterman jinxblues@aol.com
Mon Jan 19 18:41:38 EST 2009

Regarding royalties, I wouldn't testify in court about it, but that's what
the guy putting out these new videos told me.  Of course to be perfectly
fair, the Reelin' In The Years people may not have been legally obligated
to pay any royalties in the first place, so I'm not sure it's actually all
that shameful to not do it.  It's my understanbding that the guy putting
out these videos now decided on his own to pay royalties to the artists
because he felt it was the right thing to do, not because he had any
obligation to do so.  And that's worth something, which is why I mentioned
it - I didn't mean to imply that anyone was doing anything wrong, only that
someone was going out on a limb to do something right.  I'm sorry if I gave
a wrong impression.

On the video of the 1967 tour, don't look for Son House because I refused permission for them to use footage of him.

They were offering 1/16 (one sixteenth) of 2% of sales after the break even point but they couldn't tell me how many sales that would be.

I'm sorry to be responsible for his not being included but I'm not doing their business. I'm doing Mister House's business.

Dick Waterman
Oxford, MS
www.dickwaterman.com