You don't know HIM ?

Son Lewis Sonlewis1@aol.com
Tue Jan 6 10:28:35 EST 2009

I think the questions are two-fold-

You don't know HIM (personally)? and You don't know OF HIM?

I find that here in the NY/NJ Metro area, most of us know who the major
players are and likely have met at one time or another... Those we don't know
personally we know "of" because we are playing the same few venues that offer
Blues on a regular basis...

If a performing artist is running his art as "a business", it would make
sense for him or her to know the competition so that they are aware of every
venue that offers an opportunity... You do that by staying "in touch" with your
competition, and where they are playing.

Since the "huge" National acts like Bobby Bland or B.B. King tend to have
others run their businesses for them (i.e. managers and booking agents) they are
 less likely to be as involved as those of us on a regional basis, but I do
find  it surprising if you are telling me that folks like Bob Margolin or John
Hammond or Bettye Lavette don't know who their contemporaries are...

In a message dated 1/6/2009 5:55:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,