[Fwd: Nappy Brown RIP]

Pam pamblues@earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 22:29:21 EDT 2008

I am very fortunate (being a Carolina girl) to have seen Nappy perform a
lot over the past 15 or so years.  Nappy was a character and three-quarters.
He was backed by the Electric City Blues Band for two or three years,
and cut a CD with them on New Moon records that is very good.  He did a
full week gig with them in the little room of the House of Blues in
Myrtle Beach, and their biggest challenge was keeping Nappy "between the
ditches" so that he could perform, but every performance was 110%.
Nappy recorded several CD's for Ripete Records that caters to the Beach
Music Crowd (no not surfers, Beach Music, as in Myrtle Beach) including
a fine CD with Kip Anderson who passed last year.  There are samples and
the CD's available online at the Ripete web page.
I last saw Nappy backed by the King Bees in February of 2007 at our
Blues Bash.  He was unable to make it through the performance and I was
expecting to hear of his passing at that time.  Instead, he went on to
record the fine disc with Blind Pig and have some fantastic performances
and exposure for another year.  I am so happy for him that he had the
recognition that he deserved before he passed.  I know that he is a
happy man, now.

Here is the link to the YouTube video that Scott is talking about:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH7N6urQZko>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH7N6urQZko