Fw: Listen Now to Latest Edition of the Best Blues In The World!

Norman Thompson nthompsonjr@cfl.rr.com
Tue May 27 13:18:47 EDT 2008

Listen Now!  Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently web-casting for your listening pleasure its newest Blues Special Featuring our Top 10 Blues CDs for the week + a set honoring Jimmy Reed  (#0743-recorded 5/24/08).  The archived internet version of Smokestack Lightnin' is the digitally recorded version of our live broadcast on WUCF 89.9FM in Orlando in its entirety from the previous Saturday night. We post the new show to our web site every Monday.  The URL is www.smokestacklightnin.com  . The internet streaming of Smokestack Lightnin' is on the latest version of the Windows Media Player. You will find the audio quality the finest available. You can also enjoy Smokestack Lightnin' live on WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time (USA). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer software. A link to the WUCF URL can be found on our webpage at http://www.smokestacklightnin.com along with an explanation of times you can access the show live. Please let us know what you think of Smokestack Lightnin' by emailing your comments to blues@smokestacklightnin.com . We would like to use your comments in soliciting new sponsors. Thank you for listening.
The Smokestack Team

PLAYLIST: Smokestack Lightnin' on WUCF, 89.9FM, Orlando, Florida, 5/24/08, 8-11pm

Show #0743

Opening: Smokestack Lightnin' By Govt Mule

DJ: Rob McKinney

Artist/Song/CD/Label

Smokestack Lightnin's Top Ten Blues CDs for the Week

#10 Billy Boy Arnold/Decoration Day/Billy Boy Sings Sonny Boy/Electro Fi

#9 James Hunter/Jaqueline/The Hard Way/GO

#8 Eden Brent/Mississippi Flatland Blues/Mississippi #1/Yellow Dog

#7 Kenny Neal/Louisiana Stew/Let Life Flow/Blind pig

#6 Clarence Spady/King Of Hearts/Just Between Us/Severn

#5 Homemade Jamz/Pay Me No Mind/Pay Me No Mind/Northern Blues

#4 Mannish Boys/Dead Letter Blues/Low Down Feelin'/Delta Groove

#3 Tab Benoit/Night Train/Night Train To Nashville/Telarc Blues

#2 Eric Gales/Very Educated/The Story Of My Life/BBI

#1 Mississippi Heat/Foolish Man/Hattiesburg Blues/Delmark

Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Hall of Fame Inducts Jimmy Reed

Jimmy Reed/Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth/At Carnegie Hall/Ultra Disc

Jimmy Reed/Ain't That Lovin' You Baby?/The Very Best of.../Rhino

Jimmy Reed/I'm A Love You/At Carnegie Hall/Ultra Disc

Jimmy Reed/Honest I Do/The Very Best Of.../Rhino

Jimmy Reed/Blue Blue Water/At Carnegie Hall/Ultra Disc

Jimmy Reed/Take Out Some Insurance/The Very Best Of.../Rhino

Jimmy Reed/You Got Me Dizzy/At Carnegie Hall/Ultra Disc

All New Blues

Walter Wolfman Washington/Just Like That/Doin'the Funky Thing/Zoho Roots

Pinetop Perkins & BBKing/Down In Mississippi/Pinetop Perkins & Friends/Telarc

Janiva Magness/Don't Do It!/What Love Will Do/Alligator

Nicole Hart/It Hurt So Bad/Live!/self

Gary Moore/Evil Love/Dear Mr. Fantasy/Eagle

Root Doctor/Lucky One/Change Our Ways/Big O

Al Coffee McDaniel/What A Woman Wants/Blues In my Shoes/CPA

Jeff Jensen/Find Myself All Alone/Self Titled/Swing Suit

Charles Big Daddy Stallings/Hard Times Good Times/Blues Evolution/Tai Jeria

Mitch Woods/Saturday Night Boogie Woogie Man/Jukebox Drive/El Toro

Sherman Hunter/Old Neighborhood/Old Neighborhood/Mysterious

The Hiptones/Can't Get You Off My Mind/Right Now/Sony BMG

J. Hill & Hartling/Chickasaw/Jersey City Stomps/self

Webb Wilder/Sputnick/Born To Be Wilder/Blind Pig

Paul Filipowicz/Fire Fly/Chickenwire/Big Jake

Downchild/Wednesday Night Blues/Downchild Live/self

It has removed 13410 spam emails to date.