Bay Blues Magazine

Steve Edmonson edmoblues@comcast.net
Fri May 23 18:55:19 EDT 2008

George,

I can't remember who published the Bay Area Blues Mag, but it was nice to
have a publication dedicated to our local scene.  The were some very good
interviews.  It was published at a time when there were still some of the
older Bay Area Blues legends still around.  I can remember a great interview
with Cool Papa before he passed, and also a good one on (still living
legend,) Sonny Rhodes.  Another good story was one that they did on local
Blues stalwart, Johnny Nitro (a  Sonny Rhodes Band alum,) shortly after
Albert Collins chose to record Johnny's song "Too Many Dirty Dishes."  I
used to pick up my copy at a music store called Guitar Solo here in SF.  It
was my understanding that someone who worked at the store had something to
do with publishing the magazine, which was really more like a little
booklet.  The store has since changed locations, but someone at the store
might have more information.  The magazine also had a section with contact
info on all of the Bay Area Blues musicians.  I used to use it a resource
for a substitute musicians all the time.  I think you would get more
information by posting your query to the Yahoo group, Bay Area Blues.  It's
likely that someone on that list had something to do with the magazine.

Take Care,

Steve Edmonson
edmoblues@comcast.net
The Jackie Payne-Steve Edmonson Band