Right to Know about Sean Costello's Death

Robert Sabie rsabie@verizon.net
Fri May 23 08:18:27 EDT 2008

It wasn't that long ago that Dale Earnhardt's family had to go to court to
stop autopsy photos from being released.  Who in their right mind would want
to see something like that?????  I think it's that morbid curiosity that
lurks in all of us somewhere.  Kink of like driving by a car accident.  We
all have to slow down and look.......

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG] On Behalf Of Wax,
Bill
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 6:55 AM
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Subject: Right to Know about Sean Costello's Death

Steve - I am sorry but I do not believe we have  a right to know how or
even why Sean passed.  You may want to know or are interested to know
but I don't think there is any clause in our Constitution that says we
have a right to know.  I agree with Ricky that it is up to his family to
decide what they want to release.  I wish we would allow people to have
some privacy in their lives.  I do not think this is about "I think
sometimes people on Blues-L act and feel as though blues performers have
some kind of sacrosanct status.  They don't." as Steve Hoffman as put
it.

Bill Wax, Proprietor of Low-Fi's Bar and Pool Hall in the heart of
Bluesville.

BLUES-L to: listserv@lists.netspace.org