Something You Got - Who's the Singer?

hashbb@aol.com hashbb@aol.com
Tue May 20 13:16:05 EDT 2008

There is a CD called "Trouble in Mind", 'King Curtis sings the blues'
recorded at the Van Gelder studio in 61'. Not only does Curtis sing,
he also plays some alto sax(his first instrument) and one guitar solo.
It also says in the liner notes he has been singing since he was
fifteen.
HB

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfman <wolfman142@fastmail.fm>
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Sent: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:58 am
Subject: Re: Something You Got - Who's the Singer?

Blindman, you were right, King Curtis is the singer.  He didn't sing
often; too bad.

I got the definitive answer from an impeccable source.  A few years ago,
Roy Simonds, in Great Britain, compiled a 144 page King Curtis
Sessionography/ Discography. This is the one Chuck is referring to.  It
lists the recording dates, personnel, etc. for all recordings King
Curtis made as a leader or sideman.  I got Mr. Simonds' email from
another discussion forum, wrote to him, and got his answer within an
hour.  He also sent me the entire discography, an obvious labour of love
that he shares freely.

Thanks to everybody that responded.

cheers,

wolfman
--

  wolfman142@fastmail.fm

Archives & web interface:
http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html
NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.
http://www.lsoft.com