New Orleans Jazz Fest photos

Masahiro Sumori bluesginza96@yahoo.co.jp
Sun May 18 01:20:34 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I was in NOLA for Jazz Fest this year.
It was my first time in 2 years to NOLA, and my 5th JF.

Though I couldn't move around much the first week
due to the heavy thunderstorms, there were still lots
I could see and hear, and I enjoyed every minute of
my stay in the city.

Here are some of the photos I took during my stay for
those interested.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9982980@N02/sets/72157605101268168/

Some of my personal highlights:
Sunpie's Clifton Chenier Tribute set
Randy Newman
Art Neville set with Aaron Neville sitting in for two numbers
Voice of Wetlands All-stars
John Boutte
Egg Yolk Jubilee
James "Sugar Boy" Crawford (w/ Davell) at Ponderosa Stomp
and many, many more...

Bettye LaVette was awesome too though I could only see the last
20 minutes or so because I was at Gentilly stage for Randy Newman
most of the time.

Also, I was a little relieved to see the city looking much cleaner and
somewhat brighter than 2 years ago. I know it is still far from being
fully
recovered, but just seeing the fixed roof of Superdome on the night I
arrived, made my day.

Mas

oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--oo--
MASAHIRO SUMORI  Blues Ginza, Tokyo, Japan