NBC: Cheap Audio Recorder

Pam pamblues@earthlink.net
Sat May 17 08:29:32 EDT 2008

We are under Court Order to record telephone calls that are made twice a
week.  (Long story-but the calls are usually very short)  We have been
using an old Sony cassette recorder with a mic to a second telephone.
The quality is dubious at times, and the tapes are getting to be hard to
find.
Is there a similar device on the market (CHEAP) that records to a chip,
so the files could be put on the hard drive and burned on to a cd to
make copies for the Court, all parties, etc.?
The other possibility would be freeware or CHEAP software that would
record to phone call directly to the hard drive.  I don't have a lot of
RAM, and upgrading that right now is also out of the question because of
the expenses involved with the court process.

If you have suggestions, please send to me offlist unless you feel that
it is beneficial information for everyone.

Thank you,

Pam