are pledge drives down everywhere ?

c.n. cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 16 21:53:45 EDT 2008

I keep hearing, via talk shows that I listen to in order to stay awake (I
have to be awake just to yell at and pound on the dash as I am driving) that
there really isn't a recession in this country, that's just some hyperbole
spun by those who want America to fail. The local shows even go as far as to
say that the DFW area is even doing better than the rest of the country, as
far as jobless rates and homes being lost...but even with that, I read on
Don O's site that last weeks pledge drive was the worst one in over 10 years.

So if it is that bad here, I can only imagine what it is like in other
areas. Can anyone tell a significant difference in donations, or has anyone
who is a regular pledger had to opt out this time around because of rising
fuel / food costs? Private emails if you prefer.
cnevitt@hotmail.com