Bamboo Room Goes Dark..

pat boyack pat@PATBOYACK.COM
Wed May 14 19:34:22 EDT 2008

Another bites the dust. I hope they can continue later but like going back to college it probably
won't happen....I hope I'm wrong.

Pat B
Mr Doom and Gloom

On Wed, 14 May 2008 16:49:25 -0400, E. Willett <Unklegeo@msn.com> wrote:

>The Bamboo Room Will Go Dark, For Now...
>
>The Club is closing as of May 31st. "There's an adage that the bar business is recession-proof,
but Bamboo Room is a live music venue and is not immune. Rising fuel costs make it difficult for
national touring acts to include South Florida in their routing.  Coupled with lower concert
attendance during the summer, the truth is simple --particularly when heard directly from those
sources. They've thoughtfully reviewed recent economic issues that weigh on performers and
patrons. To compensate for the downturn, Bamboo Room adopted an abbreviated schedule for the
first time in its history. Yet it soon became clear that it would be difficult to remain open through
the summer. As a result they will close the doors May 31. A healthier economy will be key to
operating during the winter, as was common in Florida not long ago. The trust and honesty of
their relationships with artists, patrons and the media will remain firm.as has been their
commitment to excellence in live music. The dedicated, excellent and valued staff will be kept
apprised of future plans. The owners remain optimistic that the cultural and economic climate will
improve. The soul of Bamboo Room will continue to resonate with the sound of Roots, Blues and
Americana" Sincerely, Russell Hibbard