introduction from st. louis

Tony Renner crumbleradio@YAHOO.COM
Tue May 13 09:51:31 EDT 2008

Hello --

My name is Tony Renner, and I am actually re-joining Blues-L after being away for a bunch of years. The first time I was on the list I was gainfully employed by FM 88.1 KDHX St. Louis.

I am currently working at Vintage Vinyl, 6610 Delmar, University City, MO, where -- because the efforts of a young, enthusiastic employee -- the blues section now outsells the punk and metal sections combined.

Last year I completed a Master's degree in American Culture Studies at Washington University. I also have a B.S. in Communications & Journalism and an advanced certificate in Non-Profit Management from Wash. U.

I have been proposing course ideas to various schools in an effort to get hired as an adjunct instructor. One of the courses is a short 4-week course on the blues, using as the text IN SEARCH OF THE BLUES by Marybeth Hamilton.

I'd hesitate to call myself a musician but I have been known to make music. I am currently a member of Learn, Artist!, an improvisational trio. You can watch a video of us (I'm wearing the Panama hat) here:

http://www.myspace.com/learnartist

I also do solo guitar stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/asnagarm

http://www.myspace.com/tonyrennerexelgtr

I am doing a radio show on the Wash. U. campus station, 90.3 FM KWUR.COM, called "The Scientific Method." It started as a jazz show but has since changed focus to the blues.

http://www.myspace.com/scientificmethodradio

As you can see, I sure do love MySpace! I've set up pages for Tommy Bankhead, whose PLEASE MR. FOREMAN CD was released by the owners of Vintage Vinyl, and the Soulard Blues Band.

http://www.myspace.com/tommybankheadmusic

http://www.myspace.com/soulardbluesband

I live with my girlfriend and 4 cats in a circa 1916 bungalow on historic Lewis Place on the northside of St. Louis (between Taylor and Kingshighway just north of Delmar).

I guess that's it for now,

-- Tony

now playing: century of ragtime, a  comp on vanguard