James Hunter Sidesteps ...(removed)

Jonny Meister bluesandbeyond@gmail.com
Sat May 10 20:54:44 EDT 2008

I don't get it myself. If he had come out back in the day, his stuff
would definitely have been regarded as secondary to Ben E. King,
Clyde McPhatter, Little Willie John, Jerry Butler, Chuck Jackson,
Gene McDaniels, Otis Redding, & Sam Cooke all of whom were much more
evocative singers & had better songs. He's very imitative ... it's
good imitation for sure, but someone who does good imitations of
original trailblazers four decades after the fact isn't what I'm
excited about. He's got one interesting song on the new album "'Til
The End" about talking someone out of committing suicide --  but I
don't think he'd be the right person to talk to a suicidal person:

You got to keep on living
If only for someone else's sake
Just 'cause life's something you've been given
Don't mean it's yours to take

-Jonny