PLAYLIST: www.SoundsofBlue.com May 5th, 2008

Bob Putignano bobp@BLUESANDJAZZSOUNDS.COM
Mon May 5 12:48:25 EDT 2008

PLAYLIST: www.SoundsofBlue.com # 1 at Live365.com & at WFDU in the NYC
area!
PLAYLIST: www.SoundsofBlue.com - Still # 1 in Blues @ Live365.com !
And the blues is alright in the NYC area as now the Sounds of Blue is
the most pledged to radio program at WFDU, which offers a wide-range
of diverse programming. Plus the Sounds of Blue shattered the 20+
year all-time record at WFDU for pledges, by bringing in almost
$20,000 in donations, 20% of the station's entire goal!
Check out Bob Putignano, & 1 with Bob P. & Bob Weir making comments about
Martin Scorsese's "Lightning In a Bottle"
http://www.bluesandjazzsounds.com/videos/sequence01.wmv (Intro)
http://www.bluesandjazzsounds.com/videos/sequence02.wmv (Gatemouth Brown)
http://www.bluesandjazzsounds.com/videos/sequence03.wmv (Solomon Burke & Bob
Weir)
The Sounds of Blue is the most listened Blues radio program at
Live365.com
To listen, go to: http://www.live365.com/stations/bob8003
------------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
Todays broadcast features birthday tributes to: Greg Piccolo (57,) Thelma
Houston (65,) Johnnie Taylor (70,) Jimmy Ponder (62,) Dave Mason (62,) Ron
Carter (71,) Bob Seger (63,) and so much more!
Playlist are available at: http://www.Soundsof Blue.com
And for todays playlist go to:
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?%20station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&pl\
\\\\\\\\\id=curren
Or scroll down below for the complete list of all that was played
today.
-This 3 hour show will air 2 times daily starting today at 3pm and
-will be repeated at 5:30am (eastern times)
at: http://www.live365.com/stations/bob8003
-Additionally the Sounds of Blue Wednesday also airs at the same
Live365.com link at 3:00pm & 5:30am
-Bob Putignano's reviews and articles are now appearing in Blueswax
http://www.blueswax.com/
-Upcoming interview articles by Bob Putignano are in depth in-person
interviews that will feature; Jerry Wexler, The 2008 New Orleans Jazz Fest,
The 2008 Crawfish Fest.
+ CD reviews coming too;  "Stax Does the Beatles," "Soulsville Sings
Hitsville," Eric Clapton's 2007 Crossroads, Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Solos,
Sessions, and Encores, The Zen Blues Quartet, and The Cosimo Matassa Story
box set.
++ Coverage of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
Check out http://blueswax.com It's free! Or for a complete list of reviews
go to: http://www.bluesandjazzsounds.com/reviews.htm
Note: Why wait for Living Blues magazines radio chart?
When you can checkout the weekly on-line Blues Chart at:
http://www.rootsmusicreport.com/2.0/charts.php?name= blues
This blues chart is updated every Thursday, and it is based on
playlists of blues reporting stations:
http://www.rootsmusicreport.com/radiostation.php3
Fresh & new "Sounds of Blue" programs are updated at Live365.com
every Monday & Wednesday!
A very big thank you to http://www.RootsMusicReport.com/index.php
who selected The Sounds of Blue as one of their <8> best radio
stations for 2006, and as DJ of the month for October.
Bob Putignano's Sounds of Blue is now the most listened to station
at WFDU with over 114,000 listeners in the NYC area via WFDU-FM
89.1, and streams live at http://wfdu.fm every -Every Monday from 6-
9am & Wednesday from 9am-1pm
Re-broadcasted at: http://www.live365.com/stations/bob8003
And at Live365.com "Sounds of Blue" is now <# 1 > most listened to
blues program, <29th> overall genres, with over <1,850> internet
listeners who have selected the "Sounds of Blue" as their favorite
preset station, at live365.com
-There are over 10,000 stations broadcasting at live365.com-
To listen to the Sounds of Blue- click:
http://www.live365.com/stations/bob8003
For playlist's, upcoming interview's, free giveaways, articles &
reviews, and more info go to: http://www.SoundsofBlue.com
Check out the birthday lookup- either my artist name or by date
at: http://bluesandjazz sounds.com/birth.htm
It's free!
*Artists CD submissions for airplay- snail mail to:
Bob Putignano 134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon NY 10552 or email Bob at:
bob8003@yahoo.com
***Are you a musician or band looking for nationwide radio
airplay? For more info email: bob8003@yahoo.com
Top New Spins (Recent Releases) for May 5th
Artist Spins CD Title Label
-Clarence Spady 2 Just Between Us Severn
-Dianne Reeves 1 When You Know Blue Note
-Kenny Neal 1 Let Life Flow Blind Pig
-Eric Byrd 1 Brother Ray www.EricByrd.com
-Mike Morgan 1 Stronger Everyday Severn
-Dave Specter 1 Live in Chicago Delmark
The Entire 3 hour Sounds of Blue for May 5th
Artist Track Name CD Title Label
6:00am Flashback Hour: More Hallucinations on Wednesday 10-11:00am
-Colosseum Stormy Monday Colosseum Live Sequel
-Dave Mason (birthday #62) Dear Mr. Fantasy Dave Mason & Jim Capaldi Live Castle
-Dave Mason (birthday #62) Look at You, Look At Me Dave Mason Certified
Live Sony Import
-Dave Mason (birthday #62) Shouldn't Have Took More Than You Gave Alone
Together Blue Thumb-MCA
-Colosseum Lost Angeles Colosseum Live Sequel
-Dave Mason (birthday #62) Waitin' On You Alone Together Blue Thumb-MCA
7:00am
-Dave Mason (birthday #62) Walk to the Point Dave Mason & Cass Elliot Blue
Thumb-MCA
-Dave Mason (birthday #62) All Along the Watchtower Live at Perkins Place
Pioneer
-Cal Collins (birthday #75) Blues On My Mind The Concord Guitar
Celebration Vol.1 Concord
-Greg Piccolo (birthday #57) I Can Do This All Night Long Heavy Juice Fantasy
-Clarence Spady I'll Go  Just Between Us Severn
-Luther Kent Blues of the Month Club Louisiana Live www.LutherKent.com
-Clarence Spady E-Mail Just Between Us Severn
-Thelma Houston (birthday #65) Brand New Day A Woman's Touch Shout
-Dianne Reeves Today Will Be a Good Day When You Know Blue Note
-Ron Carter (birthday #71) Blues Farm Blues Farm CTI
8:00am
-Kenny Neal Let Life Flow Let Life Flow Blind Pig
-Bob Seger (birthday #63) Tryin' To Live My Life Without You Nine Tonight
Capitol
-Johnnie Taylor (birthday #70) Doing My Own Thing Lifetime Fantasy
-Thelma Houston (birthday #65) To Know You is to Love You I've Got the
Music In Me Sheffield
-Jimmy Ponder (birthday #62) Jump Jump Muse
-Mike Morgan Where's The Love Stonger Everyday Severn
-Johnnie Taylor (birthday #70) Cheaper to Keep Her Lifetime Fantasy
-Eric Byrd Watch Them Dogs Brother Ray www.EricByrd.com
-Dave Specter Boss Funk/Riverside Ride Live In Chicago Delmark
-Thelma Houston (birthday #65) I've Got the Music In Me I've Got the Music
In Me Sheffield
-Thelma Houston (birthday #65) Got to Get You Into to my Life I've Got the
Music In Me Sheffield
-Thelma Houston (birthday #65) I've Got the Music In Me (reprise) I've Got
the Music In Me Sheffield
-Crusaders Scratch  <closing theme> Scratch  Blue Thumb-MCA