Borders

Walter Potter maxdog-blues-l@COMCAST.NET
Sun May 4 16:26:46 EDT 2008

I knew the death of brick and mortar stores specializing in certain
types of merchandise was coming but it is shocking to actually see it
happening. One thing that changes beyond the obvious is browsing. Sure,
it can be done on the Web in a way. Just search in Google or go to a
site like Amazon and start following interesting links. But nothing
beats finding something interesting and new in the bins. I don't know
how many times I got into something new musically because I just
stumbled across it in the store.

I like physical copies of books and CDs. I've bought some music online
and would be more interested if they would offer more of it in lossless
format instead of MP3s. I have bought some electronic books, mainly
computer related books. But with those I'm not expecting to read cover
to cover but to look up specific things and the electronic versions are
easily searchable. For a novel I'd rather have the paper version.

I'm somewhat interested in buying a Sony Reader for electronic books.
I've played with one and they are pretty nice. But there are drawbacks
that Sony hasn't addressed in their current model, its too limited and
it costs too much. But maybe the next version will be more to my liking.
--
Walter

--
Keep on keepin' on ...