Purists

Joe Grandwilliams WORDSMITHNY1107@aol.com
Sun May 4 00:52:14 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/3/2008 12:05:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
neondragon52@yahoo.com writes:

The  notion of being a purist can cover more than one situation...

I was  recently told that one well known member of the blues community felt
that  gender and skin color were the primary indicators of a musician's ability
to  play 'twue' blues...sad to contemplate that this person isn't alone in
their  misguided beliefs.

On the other hand, I suspect everyone has a  core feeling they get which
tells them 'Now that's blues!'... the opposite  extreme being 'WTF was that?'....
I've got no problems with a purist who gets  excited about listening to what
they truly enjoy.

I personally find  the type of exclusionary purist who only wants to belittle
as many facets of a  broad and wonderful genre as possible, to not only be
disappointing, but  completely opposite of my views on life in general.

Paul

A political  writer I will paraphrase said, "A facist is anybody losing an
argument  to somebody armed with facts."  I listen to what I like.  The only
real time I consider labeling  is when picking a section of the record  store
to browse.

favorites at AOL Food.