Ottawa MUSICFest line-up

hashbb@aol.com hashbb@aol.com
Sat May 3 12:14:51 EDT 2008

I am in agreement with you on this turning into
a 'musicfest' and not not a bluesfest. Although,
I really wouldn't call acts as far back as 95'
(John Hiatt, Little Feat, Los Lobos) all that blues
orientated either.
HB

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Hertel <bloozguy@teksavvy.com>
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Sent: Sat, 3 May 2008 9:14 am
Subject: Re: Ottawa MUSICFest line-up

   Here is a persfect example. Anyone out there who can look at the
timeline
here and NOT call themselves a Purist? See? Its all relative.

  The decline started with Sting (and I will never forgive him) in 2000.
They
saw the blood in the water, the bums in the seats , the $$$ and over
time the
Ottawa Bluesfest became the Ottawa "Bluesfest" of today. Ifv they had a
choice between B.B. King and Britney Spears, even in her present state
(hell , especially in her present state) I have no doubt which way it
would
go. No B.B. and lots of B.S. :)

On Saturday 03 May 2008 06:05, Eric Paul-Hus wrote:
> http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/en/
>
> To illustrate Walter's point about "blues distance", from Wikipedia
about
> the Ottawa MUSICfest (:-) !
>
> 1995: John Hiatt, Buddy Guy
> 1996: Robert Cray, Los Lobos
> 1997: Dr. John, Little Feat
> 1998: Ray Charles, The Dixie Hummingbirds
> 1999: Smokey Robinson, Little Richard, Booker T. & the M.G.'s
> 2000: Sting, Al Green, Taj Mahal, Marcia Ball
> 2001: James Brown, Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown, Wilson Pickett, Blue
Rodeo,
> George Thorogood
> 2002: The Tragically Hip, Melissa Etheridge, Fabulous Thunderbirds,
Colin
> James
> 2003: The Mudboys, Rick Fines, The Maple Blues Review, Eddy 'The
Chief'
> Clearwater, Bobby 'Blue' Bland, Joan Osborne, Stax Sam Moore
> 2004: Bryan Adams, Wyclef Jean, Nelly Furtado, Lyle Lovett, Chris
Isaak
> 2005: War, The Black Eyed Peas, Alison Krauss, Daniel Lanois, K-os,
Simple
> Plan, ZZ Top, Michael Franti and Spearhead, India.Arie, Kid Rock, New
York

http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html
the
> message UNSUBSCRIBE BLUES-L to: listserv@lists.netspace.org

Archives & web interface:
http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html
NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.
http://www.lsoft.com
BLUES-L to: listserv@lists.netspace.org