Journalist stamps

Eric Paul-Hus Blues@CGOCABLE.CA
Sat May 3 05:40:27 EDT 2008

Stamp Related Blues content: "The Stamp" is a number by Denise LaSalle: "You
got to lick it before you stick it" ...

On a personal note: Great thing they taught you Grammar Patrol skills,
making you the Delta Force of the keyboard: "Word Recon" Semper Fidelis !!!
(:-) ... How are Syntax and Rhetoric doing these days ?

EPH.

PS Heard during Delta Blues Heritage Festival, Greenville, MS circa
September 2002.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Dick Waterman [mailto:jinxblues@aol.com]
Envoyé : 1 mai 2008 14:18
Objet : NBC: Journalist stamps

//...//
The US Postal Service has just issued a set? of "American Journalists"
stamps that honor Eric Sevareid, John Hersey, George Polk and others.

I know this has no business on a blues list but I am buzzed with happiness
that some of my heroes are being recognized. Back in the early 1940s, Edward
R. Murrow broadcast live from London during the bombing. He brought together
the brightest minds in radio journalism and they were called "Murrow's
Boys."

Sadly, all are gone except for Walter Chronkite and Andy Rooney . . .

Dick Waterman
//...//