since even our purists are open minded...

Leonard Watkins mannish@alltel.net
Thu May 1 18:33:25 EDT 2008

Yes T-Bone invented the shoe & others invented shoe styles....Had T-Bone (&
Pee Wee Crayton ) not left Texas for California would we be talking about
them
Correct me if I am wrong (& I prone to be wrong) but neither Pee Wee nor
T-Bone had much success (relatively speaking) until they went to California
& did the west coast thang.  I think Charlie Christian was also from Fort
Worth, Texas...?

In regards to purists I am just glad there were/are purists (I am not one)
around that appreciated the simplicity of people like Henry Qualls, Henry
Townsend, Lightnin'....etc. Now days it just seems like more & more blues
fans just wanna rock & roll.

Let's not forget Freddie King - wow why did Texas have so many...?

I listened to Anson all day. Actually been listening to Texas players all
week but not on purpose

LW