Journalist stamps

E. Willett Unklegeo@msn.com
Thu May 1 16:23:13 EDT 2008

And you Roger (having worked for one of the "Turners Of The Tide" in journalism) know better than most how news became infotainment..
    George
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roger Wilson<mailto:roger@hurricanewilson.com>
  To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG<mailto:BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG>
  Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 4:05 PM
  Subject: Re: Journalist stamps

  I will have to get some of these stamps. Andy Rooney is a personal friend of
  mine. I visit him whenever I'm in NYC. He was a WW II correspondent flying
  as a reporter in the bombing raids over Germany. His book documenting that
  time is called MY WAR. I'm almost through it now. It is an amazing story.
  During my last visit, I had to remind him that Brokaw wrote the forward in
  the book, as he had forgotten that. Cronkite and he get together every week
  or so to hang out, and he still enjoys typing on his Royal typewriter. I
  have utmost respect for the journalists that started in print and evolved
  with the industry. I got to know many top drawer ones during my days at CNN.
  As far as where the industry has gone, don't get me started.

  Thanks, Roger

  Roger "Hurricane" Wilson
  Bluestorm Records
  P O Box 1212