tepid B.B. King review / dallas morning news

Steve Ahola steve@blueguitar.org
Fri Aug 29 01:46:48 EDT 2008

Jonny:

I know that some forums block the TinyURL addresses, probably since they
can't check the actual domain name against a black list. You might be
able to add an exception to your firewall to allow access to TinyURL
addresses.

As much as I like to use TinyURLs, I do wish that there was an optional
intermediate process which would first translate the short address into
the full address- at which point you could decide whether to follow the
link or not. (They do have a preview function, which you can choose when
you initially generate the TinyURL, but I have not tried that.) A new
feature I just noticed is that you can now assign whatever filename you
want for the TinyURL shortcut- of course, the name must not currently be
in use, but it does allow you to personalize them a bit. For instance,
Chuck might want to assign serialized numbers to his links
(http://tinyurl.com/cn0001, http://tinyurl.com/cn0002,
http://tinyurl.com/cn0003, ad infinitum) If nothing else it would make
them easier to remember compared to random digits.

Thanks!

Steve Ahola