PLAYLIST: BLues Cafe' 8/23/08

David Carrigan papajoe61@GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 25 16:26:08 EDT 2008

My show #495.  This week's Saturday Blue Plate Special was a farewell to
Hosea Leavy, Arthur Duncan and Phil Guy.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe' 101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7P on 90FM - the only alternative!
August 23, 2008

"Country " Blues
Muddy Waters /Country Boy /One More Mile /Chess
Lil Green /Country Boy Blues /1940-`941 /Classic Blues
Smokey Hogg /Counry Gal /Deep Ellum Rambler /Ace
Eddie Vinson /Gonna Send You Where I Got You From /Mercury Rhythm and Blues
Story box /Mercury
Freddie King /Country Boy /Hide Away /Rhino
Jimmy Reed /Poor Country Boy /self titled /Paula
Otis Spann wi. Fleetwood Mac /Hungry Country Girl /In Chicago /Sire
Jr. Wells /Tobacco Road /Coming at You /Vanguard

Farewell to Phil Guy
Raful Neal /Down and Out /Louisiana Legend /Alligator
Buddy Guy /The Way You Been Treatin' Me /Southern Blues /Paula
Slim Harpo /Baby, Scratch My Back /Best of /Excello
Phil wi. Jr. Wells /Love Her with a Feeling /On Tap /Delmark
wi. Memphis Slim /You Called Me at Last /South Side Reunion /Warner
Brothers
wi. Big Mama Thornton / Sweet Little Angel /Rising Sun Collection /Just a
Memory
wi. Buddy Guy /The Garbage Man Blues / D.J. Play My Blues /JSP
Phil Guy /What Have I Done /Chicago Blues Session v 25 /Wolf
Phil Guy /Is it Him or Is it Me? /Say What You Mean /JSP
wi. Colin John /Sugar Hills /Groove Yard Devils /WMF
wi. Rod Piazza /Blues Player /For the Chosen Who /Delta Groove

New on the Menu
J.J. Grey & Mofro /Everything Good is Bad /Orange Blossoms /Alligator
Liz Mandeville /My Baby is Her Baby Too /Red Top /Earwig
Lil' Ed /Life Got in the Way /Full Tilt /Alligator
Chris James and Patrick Rynn /Mona /Stop and Think About It /Earwig
Johnny Rawls /I Want to Thank You /Red Cadillac /Catfood
Dave Specter /In Too Deep /Live in Chicago /Delmark
Mitch Woods /Blue Light Boogie /Jukebox Drive /El Toro
Irma Thomas /Underground Stream /Simply Grand /Rounder

Farewell Arthur Duncan
Little Walter /Everything's Gonna be Alright /Essential /Chess
John Brim /Don't Leave Me /Authorised Blues /Anna Bea
Floyd Jones /Rising Wind /Masters of Modern Blues /Testament
Hip Linkchain /Bed Bug Blues /Airbusters /Evidence
Little Arthur Duncan /Pretty Girls Everywhere /Blues Across America: Chicago
/Cannonball
Little Arthur Duncan /title track /Singin' with the Sun /Delmark
Little Arthur Duncan /Going Through Mississippi /Live in Chicago /Random
Chance
Little Arthur Duncan /Young Fashioned Ways /Harmonica Blues Orgy /Random
Chance
Little Arthur Duncan /Knockin' on Your Door /Blues Brunch at the Mart
/Delmark
Little Arthur Duncan /Blues I Got to Leave You /Live at Rosa's Blues Lounge
/Delmark

New on the Menu
Curtis Salgado /Both Sorry Over Nothin' /Clean Getaway /Shanachie
E.G. Kight /title track /It's Hot in Here /M.C.
Los Fabulocos /Como Un Perro /Los Fabulocos /Delta Groove
Byther Smith /Monticello /Blues on the Moon /Delmark
Travis "Moonchild" Haddix /What to Do  /Daylight at Midnight /Earwig
Maria Muldaur /War /Yes We Can! /Telarc

Farewell Hosea Leavy
wi. Clavin Leavy /Cummins Prison Farm /Best of /Redclay
wi. Harmonica Slim /Cummins Prison Farm /Cold Tacos and Warm Beer /Fedora
wi. Harmonica Slim /title track /Cold Tacos and Warm Beer /Fedora
Hosea Leavy /Hey Boss! /You Gotta Move /Fedora
Hosea Leavy /Going Blind /You Gotta Move /Fedora