Alberta Adams - ITIN

Ron Weinstock rbluesw@YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 23 15:16:42 EDT 2008

Well I will be unable to attend RJ but I just posted a review of this disc
on my blog, http://inabluemood.blogspot.com/.  The specific blog entry is
http://tinyurl.com/6283fc

I also posted a 1995 review of Wolfman Washington's Blue Moon Risin' which
IMHO is the best blues album of the 1900s. The sepcific link for that is
http://tinyurl.com/6sasdp

If there was problem with the earlier links hopefully this will work

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:29:15 -0700, RJ Spangler <rjblues2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Alberta Adams & RJ's Rhythm Rockers
Alberta Adams Birthday Bash !
Cliff Bell's Jazz Club
Saturday, August 23 @ 9 pm
2030 Park Avenue, Detroit, Michigan
http://www.myspace.com/cliffbells

COME HELP CELEBRATE THE BIRTHDAY OF A TRUE DETROIT LEGEND !

Alberta has long been the undisputed Queen of the Blues here in Detroit. She
started as a dancer in the late 1940's and has been doing it ever since.
Along the way she toured with T-Bone Walker, Louis Jordan, Cleanhead Vinson
and even played the Apollo Theater with Dizzy Gillespie. It is amazing that
a woman born in 1917 is still out there doing it and doing with power. She
continues to represent the real old school and is still touring. She just
got back from a tour down south in fact!

Alberta has just completed her third CD for the Eastlawn label, called
"Detroit Is My Home." On it she sings with three different and amazing
pianists: Mark Braun, aka Mr. B, Al Hill (from the Bettye LeVette Band) and
Ann Rabson, from Virginia. Ann is a member of Saffire, a great all female
blues band that tours internationally. All three are fine pianists that
offer different takes on the blues. Mark being the boogie-woogie expert, Ann
coming from an old-timey music background and Al, whom has toured with
Alberta, being a little funkier than the others. All three are great Alberta
Adams fans!

On the new CD Alberta sings boogie-woogie, slow blues, ballads, New Orleans
style R&B and other various styles of blues, always putting her very
personal take on the groove. Alberta also contributed several songs which
sets her apart from many traditional woman blues singers. This is her third
full-length CD for the Detroit based Eastlawn label. Alberta has also
recorded for Cannonball, Chess, Savoy and the Thelma (Gordy) labels.

RJ Spangler
VP, Eastlawn Records
http://eastlawnrecords.com/

"Detroit is my Home" can be found at: