NBC: Helena-West Helena Curfew...

Steve Hoffman stevehoffman@starpower.net
Wed Aug 13 09:31:28 EDT 2008

Good point, Steve A.  The constitutionality of a disputed action or law
is, in a very practical sense, determined by the rulings of judges
(ultimately, if a case goes that far, by the justices of  the U.S.
Supreme Court).  The views of constitutionality held by various
scholars, experts, the ACLU, politicians on the left or right, newspaper
opinion writers, and just plain folks like you and me can all be valid
views, but in terms of the "law of the land" the operative decision is
made by a few flesh-and-blood folks clad in black robes -- and the
wisdom of their rulings is very much dependent on the wisdom, integrity,
etc of those people making those rulings.   That's among the many
reasons it's so important to have intelligent, thoughtful, and not
overly-zealous ideologues as judges, especially in the higher courts
such as the federal courts of appeal and the U.S. Supreme Court (and for
that matter the highest courts in each State's judicial system).

This is all very off-topic, so I added an "NBC" prefix.

-Steve H