Fw: Listen To Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio's Top Ten Blues CDs

Norman Thompson nthompsonjr@cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 13:28:03 EDT 2008

Listen Now!  Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently web-casting for your listening pleasure its newest Blues Special Featuring our Top 10 Blues CDs for the week plus a Tribute To Willie Dixon (#0754 - recorded 8/9/08).  The archived internet version of Smokestack Lightnin' is the digitally recorded version of our  broadcast on WUCF 89.9FM in Orlando in its entirety from the previous Saturday night. We post the new show to our web site every Monday.  The URL is www.smokestacklightnin.com  . The internet streaming of Smokestack Lightnin' is on the latest version of the Windows Media Player. You will find the audio quality the finest available. You can also enjoy Smokestack Lightnin' live on WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time (USA). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer software. A link to the WUCF URL can be found on our webpage at http://www.smokestacklightnin.com along with an explanation of times you can access the show live. Please let us know what you think of Smokestack Lightnin' by emailing your comments to blues@smokestacklightnin.com . We would like to use your comments in soliciting new sponsors. Thank you for listening.
The Smokestack Team

PLAYLIST: Smokestack Lightnin' on WUCF, 89.9FM, Orlando, Florida, 8/9/08, 8-11pm

Show#: 0754

DJ: Paul Newnum

Opening: Smokestack Lightnin' by Big George Brock

artist/song/cd/label

Smokestack Lightnin's Top Ten Blues CDs for the Week

#10 Super Chikan/Cryin' About The Blues/Some Mo' Chikan/Vizztone

#9 Byther Smith/Blues On The Moon/Blues On The Moon/Delmark

#8 Johnny Rawls/Red Cadillac/Red Cadillac/Catfood

#7 Walter Trout/Can't Have It All/The Outsider/Provogue

#6 Watermelon Slim/Call My Job/No Paid Holidays/Northern Blues

#5 Jackie Payne & Steve Edmonson/Your Good Thing/Overnight Sensation/Delta Groove

#4 Shawn Kellerman/Wash My Back/Land Of 1000 Dreams/Flaming Cheese

Interlude - Bobby Manriquez/Black & Blue

#3 Mick Hucknall/Ain't That Lovin' You?/Tribute To Bobby/ATCO

#2 Willie Big Eyes Smith/Ain't That A Shame?/Born In Arkansas/Big Eye

#1 Teeny Tucker/Ramblin' Blues/The Two Big Ms/Te Bo

Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Hall Of Fame Inducts Willie Dixon

Willie Dixon/Walking The Blues/Chess Blues disc 3/Chess

Willie Dixon/29 Ways To My Baby's Door/Chess Blues disc 3/Chess

Willie Dixon/Sex Appeal/Jewel Spotlights The Blues/Jewel

Willie Dixon/Move Me/Windy City Blues/Stax

Willie Dixon/You Shook Me/I Am The Blues/Columbia

Willie Dixon & Koko Taylor/Insane Asylum/Koko Taylor 1965-69/Chess

All New Blues This Week

Flattop Tom/Bump Bounce Boogie/Don't Cheat The Feet/Palamar

Maria Muldaur & Bonnie Raitt/Yes We Can Can/Yes We Can/Telarc

Hybrid Groove/Born Under A Bad Sign/Just About Feeling/self

Kolvane/Cool Baby/Kill These Blues/self

Interlude - Julian Sas/Hey Joe

New Blues Last Call

Blues Box/Everything Human/Boxing Day/self

Floyd lee Band/Empty Well/Doctors Devils & Drugs/Amogla

Al Basile/You're Still Right/The Tinge/Sweet Spot

Thelonius James/Step On The Gas/The Sunland Chronicals/self

Billy Blue/Big Leg Mama/Blues In My Room/self

Johnny Sansone/Mary Full Of Tears/Poor Man's Paradise/Short Stack

Richard Earl/One More Song/One More Song/Great Blues Recordings

Dan Treanor-Jack Hadley/It's A Blues Thing/Brothers Blood & Bone/self

The Bo-Keys/Deuce & A Quarter/It's All Connected-The Yellow Dog Sampler V.3

Webb Wilder/Baby Please Don't Go/Born To Be Wilder/Blind Pig

Guy Tortora/Nobody's Fault But Mine/Living On Credit/Turtle Dove

CLOSE

Ben Bowen King/Swing Low Sweet Chariot/Sidewalk Saints-Roots Gospel Guitar/self

Larry Carlton-Robben Ford/Derrick's Blues/Live In Tokyo

It has removed 14200 spam emails to date.