Mustang Sally (was Re: Pocono Blues Festival

Scott Cable scottcable@aol.com
Tue Aug 5 20:31:51 EDT 2008

 This thread is actually kind of funny....it seems there is a huge problem with some very competent artists covering standards yet there is no discussion of how the scene in general is rife with sub par bands claiming to be doing "originals" that are really just Jimmy Reed ,BB King,Elmore James...etc...etc with different or varied? lyrics...I would much rather hear Lurrie do his just deep,deep version of Reconsider Baby than some group of barely competent hacks doing Big Boss Man with different lyrics and calling it "original"...just my two bits.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Murphy <m3mphisghost@yahoo.com>
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Sent: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 4:37 pm
Subject: Re: Mustang Sally (was Re: Pocono Blues Festival

I remember a Chicago Blues Fets several years ago, when Buddy Guy was
Headlining, and Scott Holt was still with him.  The powers that be distributed a
little newsletter, and one of the articles in it was "10 Songs We're Tired Of
Hearing At the CHICAGO BLUES FEST".  There were songs like "Mustang Sally",
"Sweet Home Chicago", "Everyday I Have the Blues", etc.  Buddy took the list and
used it as a set list1  Too Funny.

dog