I'm finally going to Chicago for the very first time! Recommendations,ple...

Scott Cable scottcable@aol.com
Sun Aug 3 07:08:45 EDT 2008

 You have to go by the Jazz Record Mart...it is an incredible place to spend the day....and all your money.Leon's ribs is good for lunch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brat . <BRATGIRLBABY63@aol.com>
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Sent: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 3:49 pm
Subject: Re: I'm finally going to Chicago for the very first time! Recommendations,ple...

You didn't say when  your trip was so I can't be too specific on any shows
for you to see but I've  enclosed some helpful links, addresses and phone
numbers for you.

Stop by Legends! You have to go there at least once. I'm going  to Legends
tonight to see Lurrie Bell. I'm going again in two weeks to see  Janiva. Buddy
is often there at the club sitting at the bar so you may get to  see him
depending on if he's in town. Heh... you may sometimes even run  into Zellers
like
Deb Lubin, Chuck Winans, Scott Cable, Karen Hanson, Fruteland  Jackson, and
that Brat-Girl- what's her name...

***   buddyguys.com

I like Fitzies in Berwyn too, like Mindy said. Rosa's is quite popular also
but it's not in a real safe neighborhood. That's the one club I won't  drive
to alone. But I'm a scaredy cat. I also agree with Mindy on that  architectural
boat cruise!  That's great. And bring your camera!

***   www.architecture.org/tours.aspx

Here is a GREAT link that will take you to a TON of Chicago Blues
venues........

***    centerstagechicago.com/music/clubs/styles/blues.html

Grant Park! (too bad you missed the Chicago Blues Fest!) ...Buckingham
Fountain!....Millennium Park! I just saw a Buddy Guy Tribute in Millennium Park.

Peek at Karen's Blog ( todayschicagoblues.blogspot.com ) if you want to see
that. Jimmie Vaughan was there too! You also missed the Taste of Chicago. Great

food. Great music.

So when ARE you coming???  I can't help you much on "eats." I don't  like
food much :P

Some more amazing places to visit in Chicago....

Tour the Sears Tower!
***   www.searstower.com

Tour the Hancock Observatory!
***   www.johnhancockcenterchicago.com