NBC Starbucks

Dick Waterman jinxblues@aol.com
Wed Apr 30 14:45:42 EDT 2008

I have read this thread with limited interest but I would like to point out that I 'think' that a mistaken impression exists here.

Starbucks has stopped underwriting specific large projects in exchange for the marketing exclusivity. For example, They paid Paul McCartney a ton of money for his new CD and the Starbucks chain had the right to sell it. Similar to what The Eagles did with Wal Mart.

I do not think that Starbucks has eliminated their compilations or their offering of the Putamayo label. I would point out here that Putamayo offered through Starbucks gets my highest positive ratings for paying royalties on song usage.

I was in an Austin Starbucks and realized I was listening to James Carr's original version of "Dark End of the Street." I asked what radio station was playing and was told that it was a Starbucks compilation. I checked out the other songs and bought it immediately.

To be honest to this subject thread, I have few food vices but I order Gevalia coffee beans and grind my own.

Dick Waterman
www.dickwaterman.,com