Sean Costello Wasn't About Pleasing The Purists

pat boyack pat@PATBOYACK.COM
Wed Apr 30 11:43:43 EDT 2008

A purist who thinks that only black people can play blues is a racist and
bigot. All they see is the color of the person's skin. Same goes for club
owners who want a blues band to have at least one black member and label
owners who would give a deal to a black artist rather than a white one no
matter of the level of talent.

Pat B

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:38:28 -0500, c. n. <cnevitt@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Perhaps bigots and racists was a bad example, though my point was that
they rarely confess to being either in public, so i apologize if I
offended any purists. Maybe I should have said "though like someone who
cuts a 'silent but deadly,' they'll rarely own up to it in public,"...and
it works better better with the hold your nose analogy.