Sean Costello Wasn't About Pleasing The Purists

Fred Dabney fdabney@nmsu.edu
Tue Apr 29 23:54:22 EDT 2008

> That statement does seem hard to correlate.  The evil is lacking when
> compared to the other two categories.  And my experience with purists is
> that they don't mind letting people know how they feel.  Telling people,
> and sighting down the nose, is where the joy is found.  Perfectly normal.
>>"or hold your nose if you are a card carrying purist
>> (though like bigots and racists, they'll rarely own up to it in public"
>
> Hmmm...yaz...I'm a sort of a purist I guess.  I mean I like old style
> better than new style.  My name is Tweed, and I am a goddammed purist, but
> I ain't nothin' at all like a rascist nor a bigot and don't see the
> connection there.

I'm a purist of sorts too.

Most racists and bigots I know (and I know more than a few) seem
to function as if those they hold in disfavor are doing it on purpose
just to annoy them.

But I just don't much care for the sound of the newer blues (or
other music either) but I don't care what you like, as long as I
don't have to be subjected to it to the exclusion of all else.

Fred D.