NBC: Starbucks

Joe McGaha bookings@bourbonroad.com
Tue Apr 29 12:30:37 EDT 2008

I agree. When I moved back from Spain in 1981, I was used to getting good coffee (also good quality Mediterranean food) on just about every street corner, and I couldn't find a good cappucino in Southern California to save my life. Nowadays, it's a lot easier to find quality coffee, thanks in a large part to chains like Starbucks. Makes for a much better quality of life, in my opinion. Plus, they are now dropping their prices to deal with the competition (those crazy prices were like the housing boom--they couldn't last forever).

Joe
-----Original Message-----
From: Stan Erhart [mailto:stan_erhart@pcworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:07 PM
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Subject: Re: NBC: Starbucks

I like a Starbucks' coffee every once in awhile. Sometimes it's not strong and bitter enough for my tastes, but it's not bad. The best thing about Starbucks is also the worst thing about them. They're everywhere. But since they're everywhere I can now get a decent cup of coffee when I visit the fam in Kansas City. And I think they did some terminology training somewhere along the line. I can finally ask for a double espresso at most of their counters and they figure out what to give me without making me interpret their weird list of concoctions and sizes. Would you like a vende? Stan ----- Original Message ----- From: Patrick Morris [pdvmorris@btint