SRV

Michael Huggins jukekings@suddenlink.net
Mon Apr 28 22:10:13 EDT 2008

Ummm, if you dig a little deeper, you'll find the Texas Flood to be
more Fenton Robinson style than any. FR was the guitar player on the
original recording . Larry Davis of Little Rock, Arkansas wrote and
recorded this tune first, with Robinson on guitar in 1958. SRV was four
years old that year.

If you cannot find a copy to listen to, email me in private and I'll
shoot ya an email with it attached. You can then be sure of SRV's
influence on guitar for Texas Flood. You'll also find SRV's and Doyle
Bramhall's main vocal influence to be Larry Davis.
Cordially,
  Michael
On Apr 28, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Leonard Watkins wrote:

> I hear lots of Albert King (as we know Texas Flood intro is AK's
> Personal Manager solo dang near note for note) also hear some Guitar
> Slim, some Lightnin Hopkins (ie:  Rude Mood sounds like fast Lightnin
> licks to me).
>
> I attempted two Albert Collins shows and walked out both times - too
> loud & shrill for me - I like his recordings but his live show was too
> tuff on ,my ears
>
> LW
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "E. Willett" <Unklegeo@msn.com>

Music is sustenance to a level of consciousness that transcends all
genres/cultures.

http://www.InnocenceProjectOfTexas.Org
IMHO, we need to outlaw Lobbyists/ investigate the entire Insurance
Industry!
MH