Sean Costello Wasn't About Pleasing The Purists

Walter Potter maxdog-blues-l@COMCAST.NET
Mon Apr 28 18:32:45 EDT 2008

I've seen Sean play numerous times over the years. He kicked butt back
when he had the Jive Bombers but I think his music became more personal
and more introspective as the years rolled on. When I first saw him show
up stripped down to a three piece I was disappointed because the Jive
Bombers were so good but it didn't take too many songs for me to
appreciate his new direction. After his death I listened to all of his
CDs plus a few live recordings and you can hear the change, and yes, his
music started to spread out from the blues to include a fair amount of
soul, some rock and some gospel. He could do some great versions of
Dylan tunes! I'm really going to miss him.
--
Walter

--
Keep on keepin' on ...