Artist Denies Opening for BB King

Stan Erhart stan_erhart@pcworld.com
Mon Apr 28 17:39:30 EDT 2008

I think it depends on where people are at in their careers.  If they feel
like they've paid their dues and they're out there playing festivals and
clubs for a lot more money, then maybe opening for BB doesn't matter.  It's
a very personal thing and I understand why Roy may have felt that it wasn't
worth his time or (lack of) money.  Personally, my career isn't at the
point where I wouldn't rather play to BB's crowd than play a local gig, jam
session, or benefit.  I definitely wouldn't feel bad about saying I
"opened" for BB King because it would be true.  Any money I might spend or
lose would be no worse than the money I continuously spend on promos,
business cards, and mailings.  I might even find a way to make the promos
more effective.  Others have.

-Stan