Artist Denies Opening for BB King

Walter Potter maxdog-blues-l@COMCAST.NET
Mon Apr 28 12:52:08 EDT 2008

My friend Johnnie Marshall opened for BB King and I know he enjoyed it but I doubt it did much for him as "exposure." It was a local show and the folks around here already know Johnnie. For Johnnie is wasn't a business thing as much as a fun thing to do. I have no idea how much he got paid though or how much his band members got paid. Knowing those guys, they were probably more into the fun since they had day jobs. Only Johnnie made his entire living off music.

To his benefit, there were two other opening acts and BB only thanked Johnnie.
 --
Walter