Fw: Artist Denies Opening for BB King

Chuck Winans chuckone@sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 28 08:32:25 EDT 2008

The "exposure" of opening for B.B. King, with 1,000 people screaming for me to get off the stage so B.B. could come on isn't exposure.  Not a single person in that crowd will ever remember my opening set.  They're all there to see B.B.

  Unless B.B. King has definitive plans to bring me up on stage to play with him (and I mean sitting right beside him) at the end of his show, I can do without that sort of "exposure".

  As to the "prestige" gained by opening for B.B.King -- I consider it far more prestigous to be able to guarantee my landlord his full rent on the first of every month.  You see, the landlord doesn't really care any more than the thousand people in the crowd that I was B.B.'s opening act.  All he wants is his rent.

Twin Cities Blues <twincitiesblues@gmail.com> wrote:
  If I had a band and that offer I would have done it for free even if it
meant paying the band out of my own pocket. The exposure of the built in
crowd to see BB and the chance to meet BB would have been WAY worth it.
IMHO.

--
Shawn "Too Blue" Wallin
Twin Cities Blues