Speeding Blues

Fred Dabney fdabney@nmsu.edu
Sun Apr 27 20:22:06 EDT 2008

> In summary, it says that people who listen to blues music in their cars
> are more likely to get speeding fines.

Some years ago part of my job at the radio station involved scheduling
classical music for some of our programs.

>From time to time I had to drive during the shows I scheduled, and
I found that I was driving like a maniac- rude, careless and much too
fast when the music was harsh and atonal.  If it was fairly smooth
or quiet, I was a much better driver.

To my ear, everyone of those pieces mentioned in that story
fall into the "drive like a maniac" category, mostly to get
away from it as fast as I could.

In the years since, I've often speculated the reason we're so
rude and ugly is due, at least in part to the rude and ugly
music we choose to hear.

I find that if I have blues on in my car, it's not going to
affect me as the article states, but my choice in blues is
acoustic, not electronic.

Fred D.