NBC Starbucks

E. Willett Unklegeo@msn.com
Sun Apr 27 09:41:31 EDT 2008

Ahhh..Tim Hortons.  I came across one in Arcade, NY. That's about 45 miles southeast of Buffalo.  They DID have coffee, but it wasn't memorably good or bad.

I have my own institution....It's my kitchen!  I drink a pot or two a day by myself, so in the interest of fiscal responsibility I brew my own..
    George
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Flohil<mailto:rflohil@sympatico.ca>
  To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG<mailto:BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG>
  Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:51 AM
  Subject: Re: NBC Starbucks

  I hate Starbucks for THREE reasons. In order of importance:

  1) I don't speak Starbucks. Anyone who calls a small coffee a "tall"
  coffee is perverting the Queen's English (a hanging offence). And we
  won't even discuss the innate snobbishness of "vente" and "grande" -
  just who the fuck do they think they ARE?

  2) People who serve coffee are, well, servers. Not "baristas."  I'm
  glad they got my pal Patrick's son through school, though.

  3) The coffee tastes NASTY.

  In Canada, thank god, we have another chain or two. In descending order
  - from upper middle-class to  working folk's nirvana -  we have Second
  Cup, Coffee Time, and that Canadian institution, Tim Hortons (no
  apostrophe). The latter, sadly, is now owned by Wendy's, which I think
  is some sort of American"restaurant" chain that specializes in
  hamburgers.

  Richard
  (with the coffee time blues)

  Richard Flohil & Associates
  60 McGill St., Toronto ON M5B 1H2
  PH: 416 351 1323  MOBILE: 416 997-4788  FAX: 416 351-1095
  E-MAIL: rflohil@sympatico.ca<mailto:rflohil@sympatico.ca>
  Website: www.richardflohil.com<http://www.richardflohil.com/>

  "You learn very quickly there's no point moaning about the music
  business. We have an expression in this band: 'I do believe this was
  your chosen profession.'  It's our way of saying, 'Shut the fuck up,
  you could be driving an ice-cream van.'" — Francis Rossi, Status Quo

  Blues-L web site: http://www.netspace.org/~blues-l/<http://www.netspace.org/~blues-l/>
  Archives & web interface: http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html<http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html>
  NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.   http://www.lsoft.com<http://www.lsoft.com/>