NBC Starbucks

Ricky Stevens deltabluz@hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 09:39:15 EDT 2008

You said it much better than I could.

I went to an auction last night where everything from lawn fertilizer spreaders to cut crystal was for sale. ( I bought a guitar, but that's a longer story.)   At the concession stand they offered microwave popcorn, hot dogs, and coffee from a 40 cup urn that had been bought third or fourth hand. The grounds were scooped from a can straight from Big Star.  The lady at the concession stand, who most likely would have thought 'barista' was a foreign insult, offered me a choice of a small (50 cent) or large ($1) styrofoam cup.

It was better than any Starbuck's frou-frou coffee I've ever poured out on the sidewalk.

Ricky Stevens
Arkabutla, Mississippi