NBC Starbucks

Richard Flohil rflohil@sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 27 08:51:19 EDT 2008

I hate Starbucks for THREE reasons. In order of importance:

1) I don't speak Starbucks. Anyone who calls a small coffee a "tall"
coffee is perverting the Queen's English (a hanging offence). And we
won't even discuss the innate snobbishness of "vente" and "grande" -
just who the fuck do they think they ARE?

2) People who serve coffee are, well, servers. Not "baristas."  I'm
glad they got my pal Patrick's son through school, though.

3) The coffee tastes NASTY.

In Canada, thank god, we have another chain or two. In descending order
- from upper middle-class to  working folk's nirvana -  we have Second
Cup, Coffee Time, and that Canadian institution, Tim Hortons (no
apostrophe). The latter, sadly, is now owned by Wendy's, which I think
is some sort of American"restaurant" chain that specializes in
hamburgers.

Richard
(with the coffee time blues)

Richard Flohil & Associates
60 McGill St., Toronto ON M5B 1H2
PH: 416 351 1323  MOBILE: 416 997-4788  FAX: 416 351-1095
E-MAIL: rflohil@sympatico.ca
Website: www.richardflohil.com

"You learn very quickly there's no point moaning about the music
business. We have an expression in this band: 'I do believe this was
your chosen profession.'  It's our way of saying, 'Shut the fuck up,
you could be driving an ice-cream van.'" — Francis Rossi, Status Quo