... "Marketable" name for a new club !

Eric Paul-Hus Blues@CGOCABLE.CA
Sat Apr 26 10:46:58 EDT 2008

You mean like the most successul breakfast franchise name "Eggspectation's"
and their direct rival "Eggstasy" ?
Name is branding, it is easier to brand an original name and in restaurant
and bar the "esay to remember name" is 4th after the 3  first most important
things for a public business LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION ... a well located
shitty joint will always have more draw than the outstanding place in the
WORNG location ... Beale Street commes to mind, half assed music joint on
Beale Street are more reknowned that the "REAL DEAL" Wild Bill's in east
Memphis ... Off IBC, off festival,  late summer Beale Street is a strong
disappointment for a Blues fan but they successfully brnaded Beale Street to
be the equivalent of Bourbon Street in the mind of the ca$h spraying public

So a conceptual name that ties in other businesses and evokes the type of
service provided ( here various live music) will benefit a name that
reflects that reality ... I do think that if B.L.U.E.S. on Halstead was
named Robert's they would sell less T-Shirts and I think Marty is looking
for a "marketable / brandable" name different that the run-of-mill "Music
Lounge" ...

People that naming thing also goes for a band: talented poorly, or rather
weakly, named band will suffer in their profession if their name in
non-evocative, hard to remember ( or spell) do not tie in with the image ...
There are fine publications on the ideation process for creating conceptual
branding ... Exemple comes to mind:  Clarksdale's Ground Zero blues club (
where the Blues begun :-) located at "0 Blues Alley" , THAT IS MARKETING and
it is showing that Blues or Music club do not necessarily need to be name
after aficionado quizzical facts like having a club named the "The Blue
Flame" featuring Hendrix lookalikes or Club doing British Rock and called
"The Creamy Domino" ...

My .02 cents ( almost at parity with .02$US)

Eric.